You're Either on the Path to Wellness or Illness; It's Your Choice.Get Your Free Fitness Assessment
The Biggest Misconceptions About CrossFit
- “YOU HAVE TO BE IN SHAPE TO START CROSSFIT”
Fact: there’s no preparing for CrossFit on your own. You will get in shape at CF845 with coaches keeping you accountable to reach your highest potential, instead of trying to run on the treadmill for a half hour, by yourself, scrolling Instagram, alone.
- “I’M TOO OLD FOR THAT”
Fact: people would rather stay safe on their couch and become unhealthy, instead of MOVING. The body is meant to move, not deteriorate. It’s never too late, and the majority of our clients are in their 40s and 50s. There are countless members who are in better shape now than they were in theirs 20s and 30s.
- “IT’S INTIMIDATING”
Fact: yes, the first time is definitely intimidating. But if you were to ask any one of our members, they will tell you it is the farthest thing from intimidating after getting to know the coaches and community. REMEMBER, everyone who’s come in before you has felt the same way you do about being nervous and intimidated!!
- “IT’S EXPENSIVE”
Fact: it’s an investment into your health. What’s more expensive than a CF845 membership? Doctor’s bills. “But the gym down the road is $20/mo.” What sets us apart from those traditional gyms is that they expect you not to show up with a low price point like that. You pull the ole, “I’ll start tomorrow.” Here, with our higher price point, we keep you accountable and the price forces you to show up. You’ll actually get a message from one of our coaches asking where you’ve been.
- “IT’S A CULT”
Fact: It’s addicting. Of all the terrible addictions you can think of right now, this is the best type of addiction. We are the farthest thing from a cult. Our community is just a bunch of like-minded, happy people who welcomes any body with open arms. Why? Because they were in your shoes at one point too. Haters hate on happiness.
- “I’M GOING TO GET INJURED”
Fact: social media has depicted CrossFit as a bunch of weirdos lifting too heavy and flying around on rings. That’s not us. Our biggest concern is SAFETY (see below) and it is our job to make sure you don’t push yourself too far. Our reputation here in the Hudson Valley speaks to that. Remember, you could get injured getting out of your car, or walking, or sneezing, etc.
- “I’M GOING TO GET BULKY/BIG”
Fact: there’s two contributing factors to getting bulky – eating a lot, and heavy weight training every single day. Our program is balanced.
Our 3-Step Process
- FREE CLASS. Based around your schedule, one of our coaching staff will meet you for your first free class. The coach will be there with you every step of the way to give you the sense of how we do things at CF845.
- PRIVATE SESSIONS + 1 FREE CLASS ($350). Our gym is centered around every person’s goals, not throwing them into class (see below). This is why these sessions are mandatory for beginners. We make our priority your fitness priorities. With each session, our coaches will take you through safety protocols so that you are always moving with efficiency. Your 6th session is actually back into the class setting like you did with your free class.
- THE CHOICE. You now have two options: Continue on with you personalized training with your coach, Or you can commit to a regular CrossFit membership. See Pricing.
What We DON’T Do
We would never, under any circumstances, throw you into any class at any time without any supervision from one of our coaches. There are other gyms in our area that will try and get new members in at a very low cost. “$30 for 30 days,” “FREE 6 Week Challenge,” “50% Off Your First Month.” I’m sure you have seen their ads.
But that low cost comes at a high cost for your safety and well-being. Without proper on-boarding like we do with our 3-Step Process, your chances of hurting yourself increases.
Always remember: the gym you are thinking about joining needs to have a proper on-boarding programming for you.
Nothing. Whether you are a seasoned athlete or it’s the first time you have ever stepped foot in a gym this is your starting point.
Sign Up For Your Free Trial!
Select your location below