Iron City Fitness Inc. presents CrossFit 845. CF845 features a revolutionized way of working out. The program utilizes functional movement your body was designed for. Think about how much easier life can get if we just moved correctly. CF845 focuses their workouts on exposing weaknesses and enhancing strengths by means of dissecting an entire given movement. Through proper technique, CF845 members increase their intensity over broad, modal domains.
According to CrossFit.com, if your goal is optimum physical competence then all of the general physical skills must be considered:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – the ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen
2. Stamina – the ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movements.
8. Agility – the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – the ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
There are no routines here. The word “routine” is blasphemous. Every damn day is different at CF845. The workouts are constantly varied here so your body has to adapt to the unknown.
World-Class Fitness in 100 Words:
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
You’ve seen CrossFit on ESPN with the Reebok CrossFit Games and you’ve heard people around you talking about the new wave of fitness. Now it’s your turn to try it out for FREE. Visit the Schedule & Rates page to check out the different membership packages. Also visit the CrossFit Journal for unlimited amounts of information.
- August 29, 2014Donkey
I understand that people are getting frustrated with the way the Team Series has been run, especially with the Masters and Scaled divisions and the pull up situation. I wish I had an answer for you but I don’t. This is their first time doing the Team Series so give them the benefit of the ...